[dba-Tech] Windows7 issues

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 20 12:35:23 CDT 2011

Has anyone else been having client and personal issues with their Windows7
updates?

I have been out on a number of calls recently as client's Windows7 computers
have been losing their DNS/Host/Network setting/list. Just came back from a
client who could no longer access their upline company...found the DNS
setting were gone and I am sure it was not the client. If it was just a
one-off incident I would suspect a power bump but 8 clients is too much of a
coincidence.

On another couple of clients I had to key in all their servers manually as
their host lists were just gone. Windows would not do its network search
properly but 'Net View' at the command prompt works fine.(?) It appears to
be a specific MS update that has been racking havoc.

Anyone else with similar experiences?