[dba-Tech] Excel question about validation list

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 11:11:07 CDT 2011

Can someone please share the syntax for returning the selected value of a validation list? This is driving me nuts... thought it would be as simple as referring to the cell that contains the list, but apparently not.

WebBrowsing!A1.Value

returns an error -- VBA wants an object. So, my guess is, VBA wants me to create a Validation object -- but I'm just clueless. I just want to know what the user has selected from a validation list. Should be simple.

Susan H.