[dba-Tech] Printer

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Tue May 3 15:16:45 CDT 2011

I thought I remembered you saying you had a stack of spare printers in
the garage. I was wondering why you wouldn't send him one of those.

I've bought exactly 3 printers since 1990. All HPs. . Current one was
bought in 2004. Works fine. Windows Vista and 7 say they don't have
the perfect driver for it but they still work fine with it. The
drivers for those OS's won't let me use some of the printers features
like Duplex and the dedicated Photo Paper paper hopper. It connects
via ethernet to the router which I like quite a lot verses connecting
directly to the computer itself. It's a wired connection. But there
are wireless ones now too. How does it connect? is another thing to
consider.   My current HP uses pretty expensive cartridges. But they
last a long time. I replace them about once a year and I do print
quite a bit. It's a photo printer so it's got 2 color cartridges plus
a Black one. I pay about $100 for a full set. They might last more
than a year though now that I think about it. With the HP cartridges
you get new printer heads when you get new cartridges too. But that is
why they cost more I suppose.

Here is mine - again, I bought it in 2004
http://reviews.cnet.com/inkjet-printers/hp-photosmart-8450/4505-3156_7-31006678.html

Available starting at $650 it says.   Probably not worth that much <grin>

Good luck with your choice.

GK