[dba-Tech] Questions about wireless modem and printer

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat May 14 15:30:00 CDT 2011

With a simple WEP or WPA username and password is always a good idea. The
credential can then just be installed on the laptop and the computer will
automatically just log-in, so there is no hassle.

Security against someone hacking into your computer is less of an issue than
someone just being able attached to the Wi-Fi router and using it as an open
hot-spot. Otherwise the router will end up being a great location for the
next door neighbour's kids to stream data up and down on your dime and
band-width while hiding their identity.