[dba-Tech] Access 2010 Deployment (cross posted)

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Nov 14 10:12:17 CST 2011

Dear Lists:

I am considering upgrading a commercial product from Access 2003 to Access
2010  (loathe as I am to develop in 2010 - I guess it's time).

Although most of the target market has Office with Access, so I can
distribute an mde, some do not so I have always had a run-time version
available as an option.  I have used the Wise/Sagekey combo for this purpose
for may years.  (IIRC, the market for Sagekey was motivated in no measure by
the poor implementation of run-time deployments in A2000 and A2003.)

I have seen references to a run-time deployment in A2010 being much
improved.  If I can avoid purchasing the Sagekey 2010 script and using Wise
I would prefer that - it would make life much simpler.

So I am looking for experiences/comments/feedback/benefits/drawbacks, etc.,
on the effectiveness of the A2010 run-time deployment.

MTIA,

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
858-259-4334