[dba-Tech] What got you interested in technology? IT's rich and famous share their memories

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 18 13:03:42 CST 2011

I worked for about two years, 1992 to 1994 supporting an OS2 network, using
Token-ring and all backed up with a Lanserver server... Talk about unstable.

(Microsoft built the Lanserver and used the technology to build their
Lanmanager, which eventually turned into NT...they also built the core of
OS2...MS came so close to being busted by IBM in court action.)

I had 10 other clients that I was supposed to be supporting but just stayed
on that site keeping this 50-user network running. ;-)