[dba-Tech] Enough of Chrome

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 16:02:31 CST 2011

1. Way too many "page not found" when they were loaded successfully in the
previous session.
2. Inability to remember changed preferences.
3. Inability to recognize "load current pages" on startup; keeps reverting
to old version of this.

That will do for now, but while slagging Google, I have another beef, with
Gmail. Way too frequently, I compose a new message or reply to a received
message, and then get a message telling me that I have replied to a Trashed
Message. Now how could this occur when composing a new message? And how
could this occur when replying to a non-trashed message? (Admittedly, this
is easily fixed; just drag the message back into Inbox, but still, why
should I have to do this? Makes no sense, particularly when sending a new
message.)

And on both scores, I find the lack of response from Google's support staff
wanting, to say the least. I send mail and apparently it evaporates into
the aether. I must have sent a dozen messages to Google Support and yet to
receive a single answer. I realize they have jillions of users, but one
would think that after a few months, my messages would eventually bubble to
the top, but apparently not.

Arthur