[dba-Tech] Developing Mobile Apps

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Wed Nov 23 19:11:31 CST 2011

Hi Arthur,

If you want a platform agnostic app, might I suggest developing Phonegap. This will allow you to develop your app like a web application using tools that may perhaps already be familiar to you (HTML, JavaScript, CSS, etc). To add to that, you could use a web platform like Sencha Touch (or jquery mobile, though I believe Sencha touch has better performance and features).

Developing it for Android will not make it platform agnostic and will significantly reduce your audience (especially a paying audience).

The downside is that there is a limit to what you can do (ie. making 3D games or photo editing software).

Have a look at Phonegap though. They support quite a range of platforms. Oh, and they are based in Vancouver as well.

Best regards,
Hans-Christian Andersen