[dba-Tech] Developing Mobile Apps

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Thu Nov 24 09:52:07 CST 2011

Great. Keep us updated on how it goes.

Also, just wanted to make sure to emphasize that Phonegap is simply a platform that lets you package web apps as regular mobile apps and allow those web applications interface with the underlying phone features. Aside from giving you access to some of the underlying phone features and such, it doesn't provide much more than that.

Sencha Touch, on the other hand, is a web framework designed for mobile platforms for rapid development of web apps, rather than having to code and design everything yourself from scratch, and works well in combination phonegap.

Both of which are cross platform and separate products from separate companies, but work well together, although it is also possible to use Sencha Touch to design mobile friendly web sites for users surfing with a browser (killing 2 birds with one stone).

I just wanted to make sure you definitely knew that these were two different things and get you off on the right start. :) There are, of course, other options, but I found these two to work best for what I am developing at the moment.

Best of luck,
- Hans