[dba-Tech] WW II Redux

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Thu Nov 24 15:26:01 CST 2011

I a world awash in HP hardware I think it would be hard not to find its way
into any system in the world.  And I don't think HP can control it.  Nor
apparently the U.S. government.  And if that hardware was sold to Syria two
years ago then it would hardly be financing either side.

Which is aside from the question of whether or not HP and/or the U.S.
Government was complicit in allowing or encouraging sales to Syria.

Certainly saying the "America finances both side..." is a stretch by what's
presented in this article.  Finances?  Because some HP printers or laptops
got bought by Syrians?  Hardly 'financing'.

I assume whoever bought the hardware paid for it - which means it wasn't
financed - just bought apparently legally on the open market in an arm's
length transaction.