[dba-Tech] Wireless network Win-7 to Win-XP

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Sun Oct 2 11:56:15 CDT 2011

Hi All,

Some weeks ago we noted that an update to Win-7 seemed to break network
connections to Win-XP machines.  I had that experience.  Then, after a
few days, my network connections were all back - after presumably the
next Win-7 (or Win-XP) update.  Some time later, once again my network
disappeared from the Win-7 machine - it cannot see any of the Win-XP
machines.  The Win-XP machines see each other but not the Win-7 machine.

I've put off thinking about this, but now I need to.  I really liked
being able to reach across the network for things stored elsewhere - for
example my genealogy database is on a shared external drive plugged into
my Win-XP Pro machine.  I don't so much like having to switch machines
to go check something in that database.  Nor am I wild about having to
pop things onto a jump drive and transfer them via sneaker-net to my
Win-7 machine in order to print them.  (That's a different issue - the
printer decided to stop seeing the wireless network, so it's plugged
into a USB port on my Win-7 machine - I'll get to that after I work out
this on-again off-again business with Win-7 and Win-XP.)

Does anybody here know how I can re-establish my wireless network
between Win-7 and Win-XP?  Oh, and KEEP it re-established?  Thanks.

Tina Norris Fields
tinanfields at torchlake.com
231-322-2787