[dba-Tech] On a more serious note

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 09:37:41 CDT 2011

I'm re-reading "Godel's Proof", a guide to the ignorati toward Kurt Godel's
Theorem, which I thought I comprehended at age 25 or so, but then I found
myself unable to walk the steps to its proof, so I'm re-reading the
literature. That's what one does in one's years of retirement, I guess.
Re-reading Dostoevsky and Godel and Schopenhauer and hoping that this
somehow means something. Unfortunately I have neither child and hence
grandchildren, but maybe somebody will benefit from these scrawlings on the
wall of my  cave. Chances are few, but optimism is great.

Reminds me of an old joke. The optimist says, "This is the best possible
world." The pessimist agrees.

A.