[dba-Tech] Ubuntu Inside Windows

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 16:01:31 CDT 2011

I just installed Ubuntu 11.10 using the "run in Windows" option and the
installation went well, but I'm not sure how to use it. No desktop icon was
installed; a look in All Programs doesn't show anything related to Ubuntu,
and a browse of the directory doesn't give me any indication of what to do.
Curiously, though, a look in Control Panel | Remove a Program shows it
listed there.

Any idea what's going on, and what I should do to run it inside Windows?
(Besides VM, obviously. This install option allegedly doesn't need a VM.) If
necessary, I'll re-install it as a VM inside VirtualBox.

TIA,
Arthur