[dba-Tech] RasberryPi - A tiny computer for $25

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Wed Oct 26 21:07:07 CDT 2011

I don't know if this is anything you lot might be interested in, but I can't
wait to get my mitts on one of these (or a few). For sure a low cost, it's
pretty powerful and could easily be used for your own custom media center or
a personal server that runs on 1W at full load.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/?page_id=8

There's got to be many other creative ways to use this little device as
well.

---------------------

Our first product is about the size of a credit card, and is designed to
plug into a TV or be combined with a touch screen for a low cost tablet. The
expected price is $25 for a fully-configured system.

Provisional specification

   - 700MHz ARM11
   - 128MB or 256MB of SDRAM
   - OpenGL ES 2.0
   - 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode
   - Composite and HDMI video output
   - USB 2.0
   - SD/MMC/SDIO memory card slot
   - General-purpose I/O
   - Optional integrated 2-port USB hub and 10/100 Ethernet controller
   - Open software (Ubuntu, Iceweasel, KOffice, Python)

And for some pictures:

*

Hans-Christian Andersen
**Web Application Developer, Vancouver, Canada*

*Unique Gifts, Collectables, Artwork*
*Come one, come all to.... *www.corinnajasmine.com
*
*