[dba-Tech] Subversion packages

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 07:23:07 CDT 2012

It's time I finally set up a version-control system for my projects,
primarily due to the imminent release of Red-Gate's SQL Connect package,
which promises SQL Server version control from within Visual Studio. It's
been tested against TFS and AnkhSVN. I can't afford the former so I
downloaded the latter. I now have to choose an SVN package, and I note that
there are several from which to choose:
CollabNet
SilkSVN
VisualSVN
WANdisco
Win32SVN

Given that Silk (and perhaps others) offers 64-bit, the last one in the
list seems pointless. But beyond that I have no clue. Do you have
experience/opinions on which one I should look at first? I don't want to go
through them all.

TIA,
--
Arthur
Cell: 647.710.1314

The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is
by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We
cause accidents.

-Nathaniel Borenstein<http://www.quoteland.com/author/Nathaniel-Borenstein-Quotes/63/>