[dba-Tech] Words to live by

Michael Mattys michael at mattysconsulting.com
Mon Aug 13 08:10:59 CDT 2012

Gustav's response surprised me, so I had to look ... Ouch is right!

I won't elaborate further, but Microsoft products do not and cannot address
all problems.
Microsoft products have their own limitations (and problems) whereby  it is
left to developers to custom craft the business process logic.
It may be looked upon as an adversarial process; companies and individuals
don't wish to spend the money on software or automation.
Nevertheless, there are hours of design, coding, testing, implementation,
security, training, and support.
Let's add to that the hours of research of documentation and testing once
again.
These all amount to hours of time developing and time is money.

A computer sales business owner once told me 10 years ago that Microsoft was
going to put developers out of business.

Michael R Mattys
Mattys Consulting, LLC
www.mattysconsulting.com