[dba-Tech] 10 reasons I can't wait to get a Microsoft Surface tablet

Peter Brawley peter.brawley at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 20 12:27:02 CDT 2012

On 2012-08-20 11:41 AM, Jim Lawrence wrote:
> http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10things/10-reasons-i-cant-wait-to-get-a-mi
> crosoft-surface-tablet/3386?tag=nl.e101

otoh ...

1: I don't want a closed source OS on my tablet
2: I don't want my tablet to be a full participant in my network
3: In a tablet, touch is enough for me.
4. I've no desire to create content on my tablet.
5: $20 for a 3P kickstand is a small price to pay for avoiding closed
source OS
6. I don't want to carry a pen.
7: For what I want to do with a tablet, 7" is about right.
8. I'd like 64GB or even 128GB of microSD space but 32GB is more than I
can actually use
9: Case colour choice isn't interesting
10 Closed source + Microsoft's bug history = nightmare

PB