[dba-Tech] Tim Cook vs. Steve Jobs

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Aug 24 23:33:07 CDT 2012

Yep, as it says on their website:

"Compiles to native bytecode. No runtime libraries are required. APK files are exactly the
same as APK files created with Java / Eclipse"

To use it, you first need to download and install the Java Development Environment and
Eclipse, then you install B4A and point it at the JDE/Eclipse directories.

What I especially like about it is that there are easy to use object libraries for all sorts of
things and good example applications to use them on the Forum.

This afternoon I downloaded example apps for capturing signatures and taking pictures.

It only took me a couple of the minutes to tweak the  camera example to set various
properties of the Camera object  so that I can capture small portrait "mugshots" with the
tablet in landscape mode.

It will only take me  a few more minutes to include the GPS object library and add geocodes
to the photos and associated data entry.

These libraries are about to become components in a trial Voter Registration app.

--
Stuart