[dba-Tech] mobile SQLs (Re: Tim Cook vs. Steve Jobs)

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 02:33:34 CDT 2012

Hi Susan,

just for clarify,

DotNetNuke is programmed on .Net but in practice, many people never write a
line of code.

It is a framework, or a tool, or an environment for developing websites,
webapps, or simply web based databases.

What is really nice is that there are hundreds of 3rd party modules that do
all sorts of clever tricks, most are free or almost free.

What is does require is a good technical brain and a basic knowledge of
databases (SQL Server is the db).  Armed with those skills, there is plenty
of pleasant, enjoyable work available.

There are hundreds of videos and lots of blogs to read.

Finally, there tends to be three categories of people that work with DNN.

1) Integrators - very little programming, but works with clients to
construct web sites / web apps
2) Developers - they develop customised apps for specific requirements
3) Skinners - they do the graphic bit, and are typcially HTML / CSS /
JavaScript / JQuery people.

I hope that is helpful, let me know if you ever need anything for DNN

Mark