[dba-Tech] Text to speech

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Wed Dec 5 08:22:14 CST 2012

Hi All --

I'd like to make conversion of a set of transcript texts to speech.
Here is the site

http://www.text2speech.org/

which makes rather satisfactory conversion, still I'd like to:

- have an option to define pronunciation/aliasing pronunciation of some (key)words, e.g. the referred above site does result in 'C#" pronounced as 'c hash" and I'd like it to be pronounced as 'c sharp';
- have more "human being alike" voice - the 'American Male 2' voice from http://www.text2speech.org/ does sound not bad still it's sounding too artificial and I hope there could be more natural generated voice options available somewhere.

Free solution preferred but I'd pay for it if it wouldn't be too expensive...

Thank you.

-- Shamil