[dba-Tech] The state of the web

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Dec 6 17:39:28 CST 2012

"39% tablets market share in businesses"
is a long way from
"30% mobile market share".

And how can the say that and say that and also say at the same time:
"In the business market, Windows 8 will take the No. 3 position in the tablet market behind
Apple and Android by 2016, "    That is impossible on the basis of 39%.

It's worth noting that the Gartner prediction was made back in April, before anyone had
actually seen the devices or the pricing.

Here's an alternative and much more recent view:  10%

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/12/06/idc_windows_tablets_10percent_by_2016/