[dba-Tech] Internet Explorer Data Leakage (versions 6 to 10)

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Dec 14 06:03:28 CST 2012

http://www.computerweekly.com/photostory/2240166050/Developing-software-for-Windows-
8/2/The-Win-RT-API

"The API for WinRT is a subset of the full Windows API "

http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2012/08/28/the-old-yet-new-firestorm-windows-rt-sandboxed
-limiting-performance-api-access-certain-apps/

"Windows 8/ARM only allows sandboxed apps from independent developers. These only
have access to the WinRT API, but not the full WIN32 API. Yes, the WIN32 API _does_ exist
on W8ARM, but only Internet Explorer and system processes get access to it.
Developers can use our tools to create native C/C++ code for maximal performance and
flexibility, in addition to the C#, XAML, VB, and HTML5 based tools, to target apps for WOA,
so long as their code targets the WinRT API set. Additionally, developers with existing code,
whether in C, C++, C#, Visual Basic, or JavaScript, are free to incorporate that code into their
apps, so long as it targets the WinRT API set for Windows services. "

--
Stuart