[dba-Tech] Outlook email download

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 09:54:39 CST 2012

I'm downloading my entire gmail account into Outlook. The account's
earliest emails date back to 2007. Outlook points to the gmail account.
When I hit F9 to send and receive it seems to be throttled at about 5MB per
swipe. Since there's about 1.3GB of mail stored on the gmail account, this
is going to take 200 F9s to grab it all.

Why this ~5 MB limit on a Receive action? Is this controlled by some
setting in Outlook? And if so, can I remove that so that it downloads the
whole batch in one keypress?

In case you're wondering why I want to do this, once I have it all here, I
plan to create an AccessD folder and move everything from AccessD into that
folder, thereby creating a complete history of the AccessD trail from 2007
to the present. A local, searchable archive, as it were. Which I'll make
available to any other listers, should you require it.

TIA,
Arthur
Cell: 647.710.1314