[dba-Tech] Internet Explorer Data Leakage (versions 6 to 10)

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Fri Dec 14 14:22:42 CST 2012

I still think, if I were steering the ship that is Microsoft, I would swallow my pride and cut the Trident engine loose and adopt either Mozillas Gecko or Safari/Chromes WebKit rendering engine. In the overall perspective, IE market share is in a free fall, while Chrome and Safari are gaining.

But, perhaps this explains why Microsoft has placed restrictions in Windows RT that IE can be the only browser. Maybe their hope is that most users will buy the cheaper Windows RT devices (while leaving the more expensive Intel version open, so not to get into trouble with regulators), thus forcing web developers to pay attention to IE again.

It's a bit of a gambit, but you have to appreciate the irony that a decade ago, many sites on the internet would actually have a disclaimer saying that "this site is optimised for Internet Explorer", but these days, many sites not say "Sorry, but Internet Explorer isn't supported".

When you have stats like these: http://thenextweb.com/google/2012/09/03/after-steep-ie-decline-chrome-poised-become-popular-browser-uk-safari-rising-worldwide/
you can tell that Microsoft is probably in a bit of a panic about this (they should be!).

Best regards,
Hans-Christian Andersen