[dba-Tech] Win8 and IE

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 14 14:28:16 CST 2012

Microsoft is totting their latest IE10 as the best browser.

An independent review would shed a more comprehensive and unbiased view on
the product but for what it is worth, here is the MS take on it all.

http://blogs.windows.com/ie/b/ie/archive/2012/12/13/ten-reasons-why-internet
-explorer-10-is-best-for-business.aspx

The one particular item that makes me smile is item nine. It should be noted
that if Microsoft had not been playing fast and loss with the "Industry
Standards" the "mouse position bug" would not have existed.

I understand there is a fairly large list of functions within IE 10
JavaScript rendering engine that exist in no other browser and then there is
a huge number is issues with JS functions that have to be specially written
for IE as they deviate from those industry standards. It should be further
noted that JQuery was originally created so that developers could program
their web apps only once, but now it is becoming almost impossible to keep
up with IE. When developing on any version of IE, you must have a separate
CSS library and that has not improved much/at all since IE6.

I can not speak with any authority to the other items listed in the article
but if the accuracy of item nine sets the bar I would be very disappointed.