[dba-Tech] Stubborn portal

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Feb 1 08:21:05 CST 2012

Hi all

I need some serious help.
This site which is the official main portal of the authorities in Denmark opens fine at some workstations while some refuse to, well actually seems to block it:

http://www.virk.dk

I have of course tried all the usual down to reinstalling IE but the issue spans across OSs (WinXP, Win7 32 and 64) as well as browsers, IE and Chrome. Also tried to disable antivirus and firewall. Checked DNS (this is a standard AD setup). No change.

Thus I made a packet capture with Wireshark on of the offending workstations. Seems like the portal is returning invalid HTTP packets ...
However, I'm not a packet expert, so if someone could have a look and tell what is going on, I can mail the pcap file off-line.

/gustav