[dba-Tech] Excel corruption

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Fri Jul 6 08:11:19 CDT 2012

I managed to recover the data once from an Excel file that was left in
the open state when its owner removed the floppy disk it resided on from
the drive, then turned off the computer.  So, we're talking back in the
DOS and early Windows days.  Trying now to remember what I did - seems
to me I changed its extension and forced it into something like a text
editor, then copied and pasted the bits of data into another fresh Excel
spreadsheet.  It was time-consuming, but it did save the entire
price-list of the store.  I got $100 for the effort, plus free ice cream
for a couple of years.  I hope somebody else on the list has something
better to offer.

Tina Norris Fields
tinanfields at torchlake.com
231-322-2787