[dba-Tech] Wireless Router Opinions

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Jul 16 02:49:08 CDT 2012

Wow, scary.

Over the last five years I have installed dozens (hundreds) or Cisco router
and switches in many large businesses. If this policy has been extending to
these corporate groups, Insurance companies, Investment houses, Government
branches and numerous banks then there will be hell to pay when they become
fully aware. This article is fairly new.

If a company like Cisco has the "balls" to pull off such a stunt maybe other
router manufacturers might have also found the huge potential profits too
tempting too pass up and could just quietly proceed hoping to stay under the
radar as re-routing of data would be almost impossible to track or even
become aware of.

Maybe it time to start seriously considering acquiring a router than can
have its OS rewritten by one of the many OSS router applications out there?