[dba-Tech] Linux equivalent of Office 2013?

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 07:29:37 CDT 2012

Hi Mark,

I've had mixed feelings about MS products for years. Some such as Word and
some versions of Access I think are totally great. Others such as Windows
ME and Vista, not so great. IMO the finest MS product ever produced is SQL
Server -- not that it's bug-free, but overall it's a splendid product. I
also like Windows 7 a lot.

Re: your comment on the ribbon. One day, quite by accident, I discovered
that if you hover over the ribbon and then use the mouse wheel, you cycle
rapidly through the ribbon items. That discovery went a long way toward
making me comfortable with the ribbon, and now I like it a lot. Although
I've read a few articles on customizing the ribbon, I still have yet to do
so. Maybe someday....

Arthur