[dba-Tech] OT: Global Warming

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Jul 27 16:06:28 CDT 2012

Here we go again.  More alarmist claptrap.

I expect those with a high IQ to spot the errors in that one easily enough.

Hot winds over a few days caused another periodic *surface melt* for a couple of days.
Which refroze a couple of days later.   That "mere whisp" of ice is still miles deep.

""Ice cores from Summit show that melting events of this type occur about once every 150
years on average. With the last one happening in 1889, this event is right on time," says Lora
Koenig, a Goddard glaciologist and a member of the research team analyzing the satellite
data."

Here's what it currently looks like at SUmmit Camp:
http://www.summitcamp.org/status/webcam/

So did those Victorian SUVs cause the last one in 1889? , How about the one 150 years
before that in the middle of the Little Ice Age, and all the previous ones?

See rise is at most 3mm per year and probably a lot less.   It's no faster than it's been for the
last few thousand years.  I might start worrying when Al Gore stops buying new beachfromt
properties.

As for the heatwave/dought in Ohio etc - it's nothing compared to the '30s and weather on
less than 1% of the earth's surface while large parts of the globe are experiencing below
average temperature is not an indication of "global" warming.  In fact the current estimates
are that losses will be similar to the 1908 and 1988 droughts in the same regions resulting in .
a possible3- 5% increase iin prices for some commodities

Your Neils Bohr quote is very apposite - especially if you are relying on flawed computer
models for your predictions.

Nothing to see here .... move along.

--
Stuart