[dba-Tech] Excel password question

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 11:46:01 CDT 2012

>From a reader:

"One of my users has a parent workbook and she automatically updates it monthly with data from linked child workbooks.  She recently upgraded to Excel 2007 and now, when she opens the parent, it wants her to enter the password for each of the children. I don't have much experience with Excel VBA, and was wondering if this would take an Act of God to write VBA code to automatically send the password for each of the children as it tried to access them?  FYI, the passwords are all identical."

No clue -- haven't done any research yet, but this sounds like it might have a simple setting cure rather than requiring VBA. Any thoughts?

Susan H.