[dba-Tech] support for VB 6 will continue throughout life ofWindows 8

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 20 10:30:22 CDT 2012

That's good news for the virtually thousands (...most likely 100s of
thousands) of lines of code I have in the language...and then of course
there is Access, at its core is VB

What is needed is a translator that will translate VB to other languages
like .Net/JavaScript-HTML/PHP and so on as I find few companies can actually
afford to have someone do a redesign of their various custom applications.

One old client had calculated that their current main business application
had cost them over a million dollar, in the twenty years that it was being
built and supported. It is written in VB and rest assured, if possibly, it
will be used for another twenty years.

So if there are any bright young programmers out there, they could make an
absolute fortune writing a decent translator.