[dba-Tech] Windows 8

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 1 13:23:49 CST 2012

Windows 8 preview or beta versions are now open for download.

If you are installing it from an ISO file, you have you choice whether to
download the 32 or 64 bit versions. Download from:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/iso

Assuming you will be installing you copy in a virtual drive, there are a few
things to know before proceeding.

1. You can not install Windows 8 in Hyper-V...I wouild recommend to not even
try but you may have a better mind and greater patience but I suspect any
results would be unstall at best.

2. You will have to install Win8 in VirtualBox and you can download VB from:
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads (Select for your OS)

3. The requirements for Windows 8 are as follows and consideration will have
to be made for it robust needs.

1 GHz or faster processor
1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
1024 x 768 minimum screen resolution.

4. Assuming you have all the basics here is a link to a step by step guide
to install VirtualBox and Windows 8: http://tinyurl.com/62h43j8

5. When you get the installation started you will need to know the products
key, for each version, before proceeding:

NF32V-Q9P3W-7DR7Y-JGWRW-JFCK8	for the 64bit version
DNJXJ-7XBW8-2378T-X22TX-BKG7J	for the 32bit version

That should be all that is needed to continue. Enjoy.