[dba-Tech] Metro all over

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Mar 20 11:42:14 CDT 2012

Hi Hans

You are in luck. Windows Server 8 is core only. The admin interface is to be installed on an admin machine.
On the server will only be the command line, PowerShell, and commandlets for this.

/gustav

>>> hans.andersen at phulse.com 20-03-2012 17:17:22 >>>

I don't see why Microsoft would focus on making their server products all pretty & flashy. Wouldn't it be better for performance if you cut out all the sizzle and just have something simple like the Windows NT/2000 UI ? Personally, I prefer my servers not to have anything but the core OS. My Linux servers only have a command prompt and that's all. No need to waste CPU cycles on things like a Metro interface and Aero.

Hans