[dba-Tech] ASP.NET MVC, Web API, Razor and Open Source - ScottGu's Blog

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 28 10:00:35 CDT 2012

Hi All:

Hans posted this link to me this morning and I am fowarding here:

<message>
Some people at Microsoft are starting to get it... a decade late, but oh
well

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2012/03/27/asp-net-mvc-web-api-razor-
and-open-source.aspx

</message>

I will now expect ASP.Net, in a short while, after all the paper work,
second guessing and the wringing of hands, to proceed. It is like a Catholic
officially converting to Buddhism.I would expect MS has done a lot of soul
searching first, even after the ASP.Net Microsoft team has publically come
out.

And then, after the programming community is assured that the ice isn't
going crack and no one is going come and take all the hockey equipment away,
at a moments notice, I will expect an unprecedented surge in fixes,
features, advances and compatibility.

This is excellent news.