[dba-Tech] Windows 8 has its limitations

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Fri May 11 00:43:58 CDT 2012

They received quite a lot of flack over not allowing Flash or other browsers on the iOS platform and, more generally, over their App store policies and the rules you have to follow in order to get published on it. There has always been a lot of vocal criticism of this since Apple released the App store a number of years back - criticism that Apple acts like a dictator while gloating that neither Microsoft nor Google would do this sort of thing.

Criticism has died down somewhat lately because Apple has loosened restrictions in some areas and stuck to their guns in others long enough that people have just come to accept it as Apple being a controlling, perfectionist company.

Ultimately, the issue here isn't about Apple. It's about how Microsoft is behaving.

Hans