[dba-Tech] Game advice

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sat May 19 15:05:10 CDT 2012

Clearly you're an old fart, John, as am I. My fave games remain chess,
backgammon and Go. But we're swimming against the tide here, and my bro
doesn't enjoy any of these classic games, so I thought to introduce him to
something new, and perhaps more to his liking. Now if he were a serious
gamer, then chess, backgammon and Go would pretty much say it all, but
there aren't enough explosions and bleeding aliens in those games LOL.

Maybe that's what could re-awaken the youngsters into the beauty of chess:
every time you take a piece, much graphic blood is spewed over the squares.
Ya ya ya, when a knight slays an opponent, a head rolls in 3D, and blood
(either Catholic or Protestant) covers several squares, and minions come
out and clean up the mess, much like Wimbledon tennis boys and girls fetch
the netted serves. Yes yes yes. Actually, no no no. Mama sent my game to
Rehab, I said No No No!

It's a long weekend here in Canada, so I'm taking the time to waste some
time on mindless pursuits and conjectures.

Arthur

"If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war American president
would have been hanged."

-- Noam Chomsky <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/2476.Noam_Chomsky>