[dba-Tech] Sayonara, LinkedIn

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 11:05:55 CST 2012

Well, I finally bit the bullet and closed my LinkedIn account. I joined
several groups on database and programming-related topics and received
about 100 spams per message of actual interest.

There are several groups there devoted to Access, SQL and databases in
general. Like a naive fool, I joined them all, and have discovered that
they are almost nothing but vehicles for spam.

I was tempted to post something there directing their members actually
interested in such things to DatabaseAdvisors.com, but then figured that
the spammers would soon follow suit and clog us, too, so I decided against
it. Which in a way is unfortunate, because amongst the crap there, there
are actually a few genuine people, and in particular, people who are
relatively new to Access, Excel, SQL, etc. -- which, harking back to a

Anyway, Sayonara, LinkedIn. It's been a slice.

Arthur