[dba-Tech] Nag, nag, nag

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Nov 14 09:31:45 CST 2012

Something went wrong with my Avast (free ed.) on machine #2 - would update
anymore.  So I uninstalled, reinstalled, no soap.

I went back to Avira.  It's good stuff.  Except several times a day I get
nag messages, pop-ups, they won't leave me alone.  Is there a way to turn
those off (short of upgrading with the liberal application of $ - which is
what they want).

My first solution would be to bail and use Microsoft Security Essentials.

If I could figure out how to make Avast update, that would be best.

TIA

Rocky