[dba-Tech] Format a drive with system tracks on it?

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 06:17:29 CST 2012

Hi guys. How can I format a hard disk so it contains the system tracks and
room for the MBR? I formatted one of my drives and then reinstalled Windows
on it but there's no MBR. When I start the machine up, it almost
immediately says "Can't find BOOTMGR." However, if I leave my Windows 7
disk in the CD drive and then boot, it reads the CD for a moment, then
proceeds to the hard disk where it finds the Windows 7 installation.

I don't mind starting over. Any suggestions?

Arthur