[dba-Tech] Windows 8 why?

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Nov 25 11:04:56 CST 2012

Hi Shamil

Yes, let's see. No doubt that Microsoft is collecting a hugh amount of feedback on Windows 8 to prepare a better Windows 9.

Thanks for your story about your new wonder-machine. It's interesting how much a portable can perform today at reasonable cost.

/gustav

>>> mcp2004 at mail.ru 25-11-12 17:23 >>>
Hi Gustav --

Thank you for the tip with Win8 display split.

No problem with our disagreement on what caused Win8 to look as it's now.

In fact all the Win8 design principles**and "sub-principles" (http://www.twipemobile.com/windows8-metro-5-style-design-principles/) are perfectly inline with my own software UI design principles and experience except

"content before chrome"

And "content before chrome" for me is not equivalent to "do more with less" and "chrome" are not only bright colors (that Win8 bright colors are OK) but also beautiful graphical design with small masterpiece graphical work details as one can find in*"Avalon glass look"...

Let's see how Win8 will evolve with years...

And I'm back to my Win8-64bit-driven notebook to get it "fully-armored" with VS2012, MS SQL 2012, MS Office 2013, SharePoint 2012 etc., end of the next week hopefully to convert all existing projects and to start learning Win7.5/8 phone and WinRT development...

Thank you.

-- Shamil