[dba-Tech] Seagare Momentus XT SSHD

Bill Patten bill_patten at embarqmail.com
Thu Oct 25 10:38:32 CDT 2012

Arthur,

I have used a Momentus 500 hybrid in my laptop for about 2 years. It makes a
big difference in boot time like from close to 3 minutes down to around 1.
I have installed a couple in friends and clients and had similar experience.

I purchased a 256 Crucial M4 SSD for my wife's computer and tried it in my
laptop before installing in her computer. Boot times were about the same and
overall performance was only slightly better so I'm sticking with the
hybrid for now.  I purchased 2 256 SSD's the first on sale at 189 the one
for my wife was on sale for 159 both were one day sales.

HTH

Bill