[dba-Tech] Backup Solution for Windows

Dan Waters df.waters at comcast.net
Fri Sep 7 08:19:07 CDT 2012

Hi Bryan,

I use Norton Ghost 15, and two external hard drives.  Ghost has a variety of
settings.  I use a full weekly backup and daily incrementals.  My PC turns
itself on at 5:00 AM and Norton starts running at 5:05 AM.

I use two hard drives because my entire business is on my PC.  I swap out
the external hard drives every two weeks, and put the one not being used
into a fire-resistant safe in the basement.

Restoring a file is cake.  Open the backup drive, select the backup file for
the day you want, drill down through the folder hierarchy, right=click the
file and select Recover, change the recovery path if needed, then push
Recover.

Norton Ghost is $18 at Amazon.

Good Luck!
Dan