[dba-Tech] Backup Solution for Windows

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Sep 7 13:21:55 CDT 2012

Note: DriveimageXML does a full backup using shadow (VSS) backup.
http://www.runtime.org/driveimage-xml.htm

Also there is a litter version called ShadowCopy which just backs up files.
http://www.runtime.org/shadow-copy.htm

This means that these products can have a backup going in realtime.
Depending on the systems resources the process can have a marginal impact of
performance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_Copy

Unfortunately, this is only a Windows feature.