[dba-Tech] Are we being forced to migrate to Linux?

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Apr 11 03:28:53 CDT 2013

 "Microsoft Works" - oxymoron - just kidding :)

If seriously, recently I have had opportunity to "touch" some Eclipse (with Java) and Geany (with C/C++) under Ubuntu Win 8 Hyper-V VM.
First impression: all that stuff isn't as developers friendly as MS Visual Studio 2012 and C# etc. are but one can adapt to work with them rather quickly, and I guess there should be other more developers' friendly IDEs running under Linux/Unix?

Resume: Having got just a very little introductory experience with some Linux/Unix developers tools I'm starting to suppose (I can be wrong) that Microsoft is in real danger especially assuming that the new generation programmers are mainly taught using C/C+, Java, Python, PHP, Linux etc. ...

-- Shamil