[dba-Tech] PostgreSQL Visual Design Tools?

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sat Apr 13 13:24:14 CDT 2013

 Hi All --

Do you know about any useful and free PostrgeSQL Visual Design Tools?
I have just a small test project, which will very unlikely to scale into any real projects real soon.
I have to create a ER diagram (5-7 entities with a few relationships) and to generate SQL DDL from it, then prepare some sample data in (.csv) files and to use that data to load the database, then to design some CRUD queries.

I have checked this page:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Community_Guide_to_PostgreSQL_GUI_Tools#RISE_-_Model_Driven_Development_using_ERD_.2F_UML

"Valentina Studio" ( http://www.valentina-db.com/en/valentina-studio-overview )  looks promising but some links including the download ones seems to be broken on their web site.

I'd prefer to get and to use free Windows or Ubuntu 12.04 PostgreSQL visual design tools.

Thank you.

-- Shamil