[dba-Tech] Differences between SQLLite and PostgreSQL SQL syntax, and using ADOdb for Python for a sample project...

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sun Apr 14 04:34:30 CDT 2013

 Hi All --

I'd like to learn some Python + SQL programming for a small sample PostgreSQL project I have mentioned here in another thread. As far as I see it's almost "no-brainer" effort to start using SQLLite with Python with in memory - sqllite3.connect(':memory:') - database. So my question is do you know how big are differences between SQLLite3 and PostgreSQL dialects including SQL DDL? Also it looks like using ADOdb for Python for this sample project promise to be helpful - do you know any good links on ADODb for Python with SQLLite and PostgreSQL tutorials?

Thank you.

-- Shamil