[dba-Tech] Differences between SQLLite and PostgreSQL SQL syntax, and using ADOdb for Python for a sample project...

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sun Apr 14 10:07:59 CDT 2013

 Hi Jim --

This isn't very urgent, so when you'll have some free time, yes, please ask your friend how big are differences between SQLLite3 and PostgreSQL as well as are there any free tools to generate PostgreSQL SQL scripts to create database tables and relationships etc. from an Entity-Relationship model. I have used here RISEEditor ( http://www.risetobloome.com/Page_1_S.aspx?item=1853 ) - it's free and rather good to draw E-R model but it generates some "garbage" PL/SQL, which have to be heavily edited to get what I wanted to get as that generated PL/SQL does uses some naming conventions, which are far from what I'm accustomed to use here etc.

All-in-all this E-R modeling tool isn't needed that much here - so if there will be no one available then to create database I can just use pgAdmin III or phpPgAdmin, which I have got already successfully installed on my test Win8 VM together with PostgreSQL 9.2.

Thank you.

-- Shamil