[dba-Tech] Finding CTRL+BREAK

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Sat Aug 3 09:08:57 CDT 2013

Hi,

On a laptop keyboard, how do I do the old CTRL+BREAK?  Yeah, I needed to
interrupt a query that wasn't working right and headed for the old
fail-safe key combo, and got stumped.

There is a PrntScrn key.  It also has SysReq on it, that presumably is
activated via the Fn key.  But CTRL+Fn+PrntScrn did not produce a
CTRL+BREAK response.  What am I doing wrong?

I got out of the situation with CTRL+ALT+DEL to launch Task Manager and
just ended the process.  But, where do I find my old stand-by?

This is a Dell Vostro 3500 running Win7 Pro 32-bit.

Thanks for your help.

TNF

--
Tina Norris Fields