[dba-Tech] Port 80 puzzle

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 08:41:21 CDT 2013

When I try to run Alpha Anywhere's Application Server I get a message
saying that port 80 is in use. When I run netstat -o I get a long list, but
none of the items is claiming port 80, so I'm mystified as to why I can't
use it. This computer is so relatively new that I've only installed a few
packages (SQL Express 12, Office 2007 and a few others, none of which to my
knowledge touch port 80. Do any of the native apps do so?

TIA,

--
Arthur
Cell: 647.710.1314

Prediction is difficult, especially of the future.
  -- Niels Bohr